Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Consistency-There is no "Except"

Hey again! Just want to worn everyone in advance that this may sound a little "rant-ish"..


Okay, so here is the thing that has been bugging me lately. When I ask someone how they've been eating and they say "Oh, I've been doing so good EXCEPT for last night" and it never fails I ask someone, and they always have that "except" answer..There is NO except. In the past couple months, I have learned that you have to say consistent with your diet and workout regimen if you want to see the results..


You think because you've eaten good for a day, that you can reward yourself with two days of eating bad..It just can't be that way! I am proud that you've done it for a day, I'm sure you are feeling good after making it through a whole day, but we then tell ourselves that we made it a day, so we deserve a cheat..And that one bad meal turns in to a day, then another day. Been there done that. So I do know how it feels to think that you deserve something. But in reality, you don't. If you really want to see results, and I think that a lot of you do, then you have to say consistent with a good diet and workout routine. So this whole 2:1 ratio of bad days and good isn't going to cut it.

If you want to lose the weight, feel the energy, and become stronger then it's time to sit down and set a goal..Eat good for two weeks, heck if the two week mark gets here and you don't feel like cheating then go another week..then have a cheat MEAL, yes a meal not day or a weekend. But when I say eat good, that doesn't mean you come to me and say, "I had a bite of this" or "a handful of that"..That's the stuff I'm talking about, if you want results, you CAN'T do those things! Stay on it. Stay consistent. 



Don't just stay consistent with your food, stay consistent with your workout too. You can't have one without the other. Nutrition and working out go together like peanut butter and jelly (don't eat that though ;))


If you don't set a goal to workout X number of days a week and stick with it, then it's going to be even harder to reach those goals. You have to stay consistent with your workouts. You can't wake up one day and say that since it's raining you aren't going to workout. Your body doesn't work that way. You have to set yourself some type of schedule and STICK WITH IT. 


It's your body, treat it with the respect it deserves. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't have peanut butter and jelly?? LOL just kidding! LOVE this post!! You need to add a "follow" button by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot touch on the Ill start in jan or after the holidays or after this next semester is over. START RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete